Anyone remember this post...?
That yummy stack was transformed into this back at the beginning of the year...
...and yep, I'm just getting around to sharing. ;)
The quilt was for my cousin's brand new and very VERY anticipated baby girl. The nursery was created in a gender-neutral aqua and gray color scheme with lots of elephant accents and touches of chevron. After chatting with her about what she had in mind and what I've made in the past, we decided to model the Aqua Elephants quilt design after my "Sunshine Squares" for Noah.
I kept the block design "less-wonky" and more defined, with larger blocks - 16 total. Simple super - just aqua and gray - the elephants were ordered especially for this project, the rest of the fabric came from my stash.
I stipple quilted the blocks for a vintage feel with free-motion swirls.
& I pieced together BIG chunks of what I had left for the backing...
...With the elephants taking a front row seat. :))
Binding was mostly Kona gray with a bit of scraps added in to create a patchwork feel to the edging.
I LOVE the way this one turned out and it's been a great jumpstart for more sewing and quilting projects this year...